Job Title: Digital Transformation Analyst
Location: Lexington, MA
About the role:
The Digital Transformation Analyst will deliver value at MA Biologics Operations plants and warehouses by leveraging existing and emerging digital technologies. As a member of site Data, Digital, and Technology (DD&T) team, you will collaborate with our business partners to transform the facility into a future-facing, highly efficient and effective organization. This person will:
- Drive digital innovation & automation and new ways of working with progressive technologies and platforms e.g. RPA, IoT, AI companion, AR/VR/XR, Power Apps
- Advance data analytics capabilities including AI enabled, predictive use cases
How you will contribute:
- Work with site DD&T team and business leaders to identify use cases and continuous improvement opportunities for existing technology solutions or brainstorm solutions to automate and simplify repetitive tasks
- Be knowledgeable of existing and emerging digital technology platforms both external and internal to Takeda and their application to plant/warehouse setting specifically in manufacturing operations , engineering, QC and supply chain
- Develop business cases to fund and kick-start technology transformation projects
- Lead multi-disciplined, cross functional project teams to deliver a technology solutions while working in a globally-matrixed organization
- Develop human-centered approaches for culture change that are agile, and ready for the digital world
- Apply a structured agile methodology for system changes and support change management activities
- Maintain/develop strong relationships with stakeholders to facilitate successful collaborations
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
RPA, IoT, AI companion, AR/VR/XR, Power Apps, Biometrics, Data Analytics, Predictive technologies, etc. Exhibit a continuous improvement (CI) mindset to automate and simplify repetitive tasks.
Be able to independently troubleshoot issues (where to look and what to look for), determine root-case (e.g. by process of elimination), and implement resolution by putting two and two together i.e. draw a conclusion based upon given evidence.
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
Ability to persuade others to follow. Career driven, self-motivated, willing to learn new technologies and skills.
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
Propose technology solutions, once approved by site & DD&T leadership, the candidate must execute/deliver with autonomy. Decisions will impact plant of about ~800 colleagues and could lead to improvements across Takeda network of plants.
Interaction (The span and nature of one's engagement with others when performing one's job, internal and external relationships)
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform. Fluent in English, be able to communicate technical subject matter in plain English to non-technical audience. Communicate with technical IT teams - compute/storage, networking, security, database, hardware/software vendor etc.
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
Be able to improve one's own work and provide ideas to improve plant's performance.
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
Work in culturally diverse, complex global-matrixed organization.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, or a related study (required)
- Working knowledge and experience with following technologies (required):
- UI Path or equivalent RPA technologies
- Digital Twin
- 3D Tour or any of the AR/VR/XR technology product(s)
- Biometrics based authentication or equivalent
- AI Companion
- IoT technology and associated product(s)
- Overall 5 years experience implementing digital transformation at a Pharmaceutical Biologics Manufacturing facility or in a consulting role (preferred).
- Familiarity with following SDLC and GxP processes used in Pharmaceutical industry (preferred):
- Computerized Systems Validation (CSV)
- 21 CFR Part 11 regulations and Data Integrity compliance
- Familiarity with following tools and processes (preferred):
- ServiceNow - ITIL processes such as Incident Management, Change Management, Request Management, Asset and Configuration Management (CMDB)
- Veeva EDMS - Document Workflows
- MS Visio and Project
Potential Domestic travel. Drive to various sites within MA - Lexington, Alewife, Belmont, North Reading.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 35 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.