UP Health Marquette is seeking applicants for the Housekeeping department who are detail oriented and enjoy interacting with people. We offer flexible schedules, top-notch training, competitive wages, work-life balance, job satisfaction, and career advancement opportunities. Here at UP Health, you are more than an employee, you're family.
- Wage: $14 - $15/hour
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Day/Evening/Overnight shifts available
- Background check, drug screen, and proof of employment eligibility required
- Location: UP Health Systems, Marquette
We're looking for friendly, compassionate, team players to join our housekeeping team!
Provide a superior level of cleaning quality in a hospital environment. Create a safe, clean, and comfortable environment where patients can heal.
- Clean assigned areas of the hospital, including patient rooms, common areas, restrooms, and more
- Follow all HHS cleaning procedures and best practices
- Provide friendly and kind service to all individuals in the hospital
- Perform cleaning, buffing, and bonneting procedures to maintain floors
- Perform floor stripping and extraction projects as assigned
- Assist team members and management as needed to help the department operate efficiently
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Communicate effectively in English and work well in a team environment
- Must practice good personal hygiene, be neatly groomed, and be in uniform
- Preferred: Housekeeping experience (cleaning, environmental services, custodian, janitorial, room attendant, floor care technician)
- Standing, walking, squatting, bending, twisting, kneeling, and reaching continuously throughout a shift
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting furniture and equipment (25 - 100 lb.) frequently
- Pushing and pulling carts or equipment (over 100 lb.) on tile and carpeted floors continuously throughout a shift
- Must handle chemicals including bleach, wax, and disinfectants
- Must be able to operate equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the job
We offer flexible schedules, excellent training, competitive wages, work-life balance, job satisfaction, and promotion opportunities.
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life
- Safety Incentive Program
Important to Know
- Applicants must pass a background check, drug screen, and provide proof of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- To comply with CMS mandates, all HHS employees working in healthcare must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption (medical or religious) upon start of employment.
- Veterans and candidates with military experience are encouraged to apply.
- HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workplace diversity and inclusion.
HHS is a private, family-owned business dedicated to caring for its team members and providing honest, quality-driven customer service. Founded in 1975 as Hospital Housekeeping Systems, today HHS provides services including housekeeping, food, and facility management to nearly 1,000 customers across six industries.