Wintrust Mortgage was founded in 1981 to help customers achieve the American dream of homeownership and has since successfully navigated the ever-changing real estate market. As a full-service, federally chartered lender with offices located across the country, we're dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of mortgage products and have the capability to lend in all 50 states. To complement the basic conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs, we are uniquely positioned to meet the needs of the continually evolving market. Wintrust Mortgage is part of Wintrust, a financial services company with more than $45 billion in assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Loan Originator assembles and reviews a new application and matches the applicant with a mortgage program. The file is handled by the Mortgage Originator until it is time to request loan documents and closing is scheduled. By turning in the file at this point, the Loan Originator is able to go out and generate new business.
- The Loan Originator assists the borrower in determining the proper loan program, completing the loan application, and gathering the required supporting documentation to begin the loan process.
- Conducts preliminary underwriting reviews.
- Remains front-line contact with the borrowers.
- A credit report is obtained and analyzed by the Loan Originator.
- The Loan Originator is heavily involved with the client during the application and closing process.
- Develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit new business.
- Minimum two years of mortgage loan origination experience
- Thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage products and programs.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending, such as Truth-in-Lending, RESPA, and others.
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- A pleasant and professional demeanor is essential.
- Work requires sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Outlook proficiency required.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E Act of 2008
- Ability to travel
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.