Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott's Sturgis, Mich., location is an award-winning nutrition manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary as part of the community. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
$5000 Sign On Bonus!!
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
We are looking for an entry level Manufacturing Operator to help run our Dryer.
Please note: This is a night shift position from 6:30 pm to 7:00 am and allows you to have every other weekend off. Hours and days are below AFTER you are fully trained. Training will be during day shift hours from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm for.
Week 1 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
Week 2 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFF
Week 3 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hours
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This is an entry level position is for our Dryer department. Our dryer equipment converts liquid product into dried powder forms, primarily infant formula. Quality is maintained via equipment that monitors drying parameters as well as employees visually inspecting the equipment to ensure efficient operations. The operators will also be responsible for the cleaning of the equipment via our CIP (Clean in Place) system.
This entry level position allows new operators to become familiar with plant procedures and policies, which enable them to learn the basics of their assigned dryer. The operator will learn the operation of the Dryer and CIP (clean in place) Systems and will assist the dryer technicians and specialists with more complex systems. This will facilitate their development towards positions of increasing responsibility. Operators will gain operational knowledge and applicable tasks of evaporating batches, product sterilization, drying product, weighing and adding vitamins, add up corrections, troubleshooting and CIP of equipment. Will need to learn and follow all GMP and safety guidelines, to stay in compliance with OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Fluid bed operation
- Weighing/adding minerals and vitamins
- Forklift operations
- Assisting dryer technicians w/production and CIP
- Housekeeping tasks/sanitation procedures
- Assembly/disassembly of various powder transport systems
- Evaporator system operation and CIP (clean in place)
- Injector system operation and CIP
- Dryer system operation and CIP
- Fines reinjection system and CIP
- Powder handling systems (transporters to hopper)
- Giving direction and assistance to operators
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
At least 6 months to 1 year of manufacturing experience
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.