Hospitalist opening in Washington, North Carolina. ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Beaufort Hospital, located in Washington, NC, are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work with their established hospitalist team
. Inpatient experience as a provider is preferred. New graduates with a strong inpatient background are encouraged to apply. Opportunity Highlights include:
1. Employment by ECU Health Physicians 2. Hospital privileges at ECU Health Beaufort Hospital 3. Growing 9-hospital healthcare system 4. Established Hospitalist team that includes 6 physicians and 4 advanced practice providers fully staffed 5. 7on/7 off - 7am-7pm schedule 6. Clinical responsibilities include admissions, daily multidisciplinary rounding, patient management, and preparing patients for discharge 7. Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/457b, Medical, Dental & Vision & Life Insurance ECU Health
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 180 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 130 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians
ECU Health Physicians, the employed provider group of ECU Health, is comprised of over 1,100 physicians and advanced practice providers across more than 130 locations in eastern North Carolina. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between. ECU Health Beaufort Hospital
ECU Health Beaufort Hospital in Washington, NC is a 142-bed full-service hospital with an active medical staff of more than 50 physicians representing 20+ specialties, as well as more than 600 nurses, technicians and support staff. The hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, surgical, intensive care, emergency , pulmonology, orthopedics, urology, cardiology, and women s services. In addition there is a lab, diagnostic imaging services, physical and respiratory therapy. ECU Health Beaufort also features the Marion L. Shepard Cancer Center, offering leading-edge chemotherapy and radiation therapy, among other cancer services. Community Information
Washington is a small town that honors its historic traditions while embracing the future. It features one of the state s largest commercial and residential historic districts, featuring stunning antebellum homes and buildings. It s located on the Tar and Pamlico rivers, serving as a gateway to the second largest estuary on the East Coast. Health care is an important industry in Washington and the surrounding area in addition to PCS Phosphate, Hackney Industries, Weyerhaeuser, and Fountain Powerboats.
- Beautiful waterfront community
- Located in the heart of the Inner Banks on the beautiful Pamlico Sound
- Only 20 miles east of Greenville, NC and 70 miles from the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches
- Flourishing waterfront downtown district offers unique, world-class restaurants, intriguing shops, art galleries and more
- Desirable climate with mild winters and all 4 seasons ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Provides diverse and affordable housing, including waterfront homes and land
- A number of school options including public, charter, parochial and private
- Parks & Recreation Department offers a youth sports complex with baseball, softball and soccer fields, an aquatic and fitness center, waterfront parks and boat launching facilities
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.