Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family.
Not just leading the way, leading the industry. Your success is our business.
Matrix Providers is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) for the General Surgery Dept. to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our Military Service Members and their families in Fairfield, CA.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position compensated from $40.49 to $53.00 per hour.
- Schedule: Typically Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:40 pm. Maximum 40 hours per week, however, a flexible schedule must be allowed for shorter/longer days. Not to exceed 12 hours in one day and outside of the typical duty hour range, but not before 0730 and not after 2000.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Registered Nurse (RN) must have and meet the following:
- Degree: Associates Degree in Nursing.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Experience: One year of experience in General Surgery after graduation.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
- Perform physical exams and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provided by other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease processes, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience with acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to the critical care unit population to include all ages of the spectrum from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgment of teaching, and follow-up care.
- Knowledge of a variety of anesthetic agents used in surgical procedures, the methods of administration, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient's condition. Assesses, coordinates facilitates, and delivers care for infant to geriatric patients recovering from general, regional, and/or local anesthesia. Administers intravenous conscious sedation and recovers patients receiving conscious sedation for procedures as required.
- Synthesizes and makes appropriate clinical decisions using a wide variety of data sources, specifically patient response, anesthesia, and surgical report and, pre-operative progress notes.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated medical records.Proficient in general surgery diseases & diagnoses, wound care, wound vac, and dressing changes, ostomy appliances, and teaching.
- Proficient with IV starts, fluid administration, IV medication administration, IV conscious sedation with monitoring, and vitals monitoring.
- Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
- Assesses patients. Uses the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. Demonstrates proper preparation of patients for treatments and procedures, including surgical interventions. Provides proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
- Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
- Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activities in accordance with requirements.
- Skill in setting up, operating, and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit-specific equipment.
- Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
- Perform with minimal supervisory direction.
- Contributes to the professional environment using appropriate leadership skills.
- May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
- May serve as the charge nurse of the day for clinical oversight only, as appropriate.
- Serves and participates in committees, functions, and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups, and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
- Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here.
Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-877-807-8277, TTY LINE, 385-722-8109. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.